California has recently become more lenient towards drug crimes – passing laws allowing diversion programs and legalizing medical marijuana. However, the Sacramento area courts remain overly strict when prosecuting drug crimes involving sales or cultivation. The attorneys at Spaulding Campi have a track record defending serious drug cultivation cases in both state and federal court.
CA Drug Crime Laws Prosecuted in Sacramento
- Possession of a Controlled Substance – CA H&S 11350
- Possession of Cocaine and Heroin – CA H&S 11351
- Transportation for Sale of a Controlled Substance – CA H&S 11352
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia – CA H&S 11364
- Possession of Marijuana – CA H&S 11357
- Possession of Methamphetamine – HS 11377(a)
Defenses in Drug Cases
- Illegal Searches and Seizures – Often the police are overly aggressive and may commit a warrant-less search or violate the scope of the warrant.
- Lack of Intent to Sell – It can be argued that while you possessed the drugs, there was no intent to sell.
- Lack of Sufficient Possession of Narcotics – This defense comes into play with narcotics sting operations.
- Improper accusations of sales – We’ve encountered many cases where clients are improperly charged with sales, because for instance, the police found scales in the car. We will fight these charges.
Call 24/7 for a free consultation with a Sacramento criminal attorney to discuss your options.
Recommendation off the charts for Michelle Lee Spaulding
I am an executive for a fortune 500 company and have worked with many attorneys in my line of business, I then found my self needing an attorney for my child and with great luck we selected Michelle. Her expertise, professionalism and ability to explain the law and what we were facing was so refreshing. Her ability to show compassion and guidance yet battle the DA and judge for what was fair and acceptable. She was always available for questions and either answered the phone or would get right back to us. She knew her stuff and I highly recommend to her anyone in need of a good attorney that is reasonable priced and very honest and loyal. Thank you Michelle
Reviewer: Elizabeth — June 8, 2013